2. The simple truth about reading 200 books a year (and how to make it a habit).
3. Books are good for your brain.
4. What does immersing yourself in a book do to your brain?
5. It is never too early to make summer plans and pad your resume in the process! Check out the PD offerings from these organizations and apply today!:
The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History
American Bar Association
National Gallery of Art
USS Midway Museum
Historic Hudson Valley
New-York Historical Society
National Constitution Center
The National WWII Museum
National Portrait Gallery
Columbia University Teachers College
Supreme Court Summer Institute for Teachers
Summer Teachers Institute at St. John’s College
Summer Poetry Teachers Institute
6. The Books, Songs, Films, and other works that just entered the Public Domain two days ago...
7. Barack Obama shares his favorite books, music and movies of 2018.
8. The National Film Board of Canada has just created an online database of indigenous cinema for your viewing pleasure. Any dissemination of indigenous culture, anywhere in the world, is cause for celebration.
9. The Brooklyn Museum will be hosting a big Frida Kahlo show next month. Get your tickets for it now and get prepared by immersing yourself in Google’s online Frida celebration!
10. Speaking of Google, check out their new documentary series, “Search On", featuring “stories of people around the world using Google technology to solve big problems, answer hard questions, and take action.”
11. Find out more about the African Diaspora right here in New York City by going on a Black Gotham Experience Walking Tour, created and run by artist/historian Kamau Ware.