- Do you know what each January bestows on us? Exciting works of art that are now in the public domain!! Feast on all we can now freely access & adapt!
- New York is a City of Readers. Enjoy a peek into our city’s past and how reading added to our collective personality.
- Bibliotherapy is real & really helpful! Some bright souls even prescribe specific poetry for what ails you and Brooklyn’s own Center for Fiction is now getting into the game!
- Time is a precious resource for all of us, so subscribe to “The Marginalian” so that Maria Popova can share her thoughts on amazing books and do some “pre-reading” for you!
- We have LOTS of new books in our Library! They each proudly sport a red sticker on their spine, so check them out when you have a chance!
- Serious about YA books? Check out Stacked!
- Librarians fight back against push to ban books from schools.
- Join Goodreads, feel free to “friend” me & sign up for the Goodreads Reading Challenge! I pledged to read 33 books in 2022, and am on my way!
- If you don’t already, sign up for JSTOR Daily! Here are their most popular stories from 2021.
- Since 2014, Tom Whitwell has been compiling a great list full of 52 fascinating facts you didn’t know but might like knowing! Jason Kottke started keeping one, too!
Here are 10 things I thought were worth sharing:
Leave a Reply.
Brooklynite. Librarian. Happy Reader!