- The children's long list for the National Book Awards just came out today! I've only read one of these so far, and it has stayed with me for months...
- Want to pay it forward and get something in return? Then scour your bookshelves at home for books you're ready to part with, bring them to the Central Branch of the Brooklyn Public Library between now and 10/15, and make plans to attend their amazing book sale on October 15th!
- My bet is that you've read a lot more books than you realize! So join Goodreads today, start creating virtual bookshelves, and friend me on it while you're at it!
- A great new FREE literacy support site with hundreds of reading passages for middle and high schoolers!
- Here is a list of the magazines our Library subscribes to. Feel free to check them out as well as suggest other magazines you think we should be getting!
- When we have to get rid of books, one of the places we now donate to is this organization, run by Brooklynites and retired teachers Mark and Sheri Grashow. Mark has been speaking to students of all ages for years about his travels in Africa, so please let me know if you are interested and I will pass on his contact info!
- Take a few minutes to look through Film for Action's list of "The Top 100 Documentaries We Can Use to Change the World." All films are either free or can be rented to watch online.
- JStor is COMING SOON to our school! Stay tuned for details!
Here are 8 things I thought were worth sharing:
Brooklynite. Librarian. Happy Reader!