2. The Great American Read = between now and October 18th, help our country vote for its favorite book!
3. The Ninth Annual New York Times Summer Reading Contest begins on June 15th! Check here starting then and learn now you can be one of the teens from around the world that get published in the New York Times!
4. 30 Best Book Engines to Find Your Perfect Summer Read!
5. Check out the summer reading put together by the following publications & blogs:
16 Books to Read This Summer (Town & Country)
Summer Reading 2018 (Brooklyn Public Library)
The 20 Smart Books You’ll Want to Read at the Beach This Summer (Esquire)
The Best Nonfiction Books of 2018 (So Far) (Esquire)
The Ultimate YA Summer Reading List - 2018 Edition (Brightly)
The Best Books of 2018 (So Far) (Real Simple)
Summer Reads 2018 (Publishers Weekly)
What We’re Reading This Summer (The Atlantic)
The 39 Books We’re Talking About This Summer (The Washington Post)
The Best Summer Beach Reads of Summer 2018 (The Daily Beast)
The 100 Stories That Shaped the World (BBC)
10 Dark Thrillers to Read in the Sunshine (Publishers Weekly)
6. A free app to help teens, parents, librarians and library staff, educators, and anyone who loves YA literature access nearly 4,000 titles recognized YALSA's awards and lists on their smartphone? Yes, please!
7. As part of Summer Reading at New York Libraries, the State Education Department and myON are partnering to bring thousands of enhanced digital books to children from birth through 8th grade and their families all around the state! Click here for more information and login details!
8. Can’t get out of town this summer? The BBC has you covered!