- Are you a teacher working in Brooklyn? Then you should have a Brooklyn Public Library Teacher Card that will do magical things for you! Details and application here.
- Do any of your students want to attend the final presidential debate in the city where the Rat Pack once roamed free? They might get to do that if they enter and win this contest! Hurry because the entry deadline is September 21st!
- Who knows about the most effective technology for teachers? Another teacher, of course! Follow this blog on social media and check out the extensive archives.
- I've started to create subject-specific title lists from our collection for you and your students. Please send any suggestions my way for more list ideas!
- Stand up for your Freedom to Read! Banned Books Week 2016 is September 21st-October 1st. Head here and here for more information and curriculum ideas.
- Want your students to be part of a global force of citizen scientists and help NASA gather data? Then check out this site!
- Personal favorite. Just because. Listen to where you're from, where you've visited, or where you dream of going. Maybe have students pick places/sounds and use them for writing prompts or record our students and put BPCS on the map?
- One of our HS parents is also a librarian, and wanted me to share this extensive collection of primary sources/paired curriculums with you. She volunteers for this awesome crowd-sourced organization on the side!
Here are 8 things I thought were worth sharing:
Brooklynite. Librarian. Happy Reader!